We’re always looking for dynamic people to join our team here in the UK. See below for current opportunities:
All roles are voluntary and are predominantly home/remotely based. Reasonable expenses incurred in carrying out responsibilities (e.g. food and travel expenses) will be reimbursed.
DiA is a youth-led organisation and as such, young people from a diverse range of backgrounds with demonstrable enthusiasm for DiA’s vision and mission are encouraged to apply.
Being part of DiA’s executive committee is a brilliant opportunity to develop skills, gain confidence and build knowledge to complement studies, work and/or other volunteering work. DiA alumni are very vocal about how their experience on the committee has supported them in pursuing their careers and in being active agents of change within their own communities and further afield. Committee members support and learn from each other and receive guidance from DiA’s Board of Trustees.
Fundraising Events Officer
The role of Fundraising Events Officer is an exciting opportunity for someone seeking to develop their fundraising skills, and use and build contacts to raise DiA’s public profile and shape the way DiA generates income. The post-holder will continue to build on the success of previous years, delivering fun events that offer an opportunity for learning more about global issues and meeting other like-minded young people.
- Manage the logistical arrangements for DiA’s annual fundraising events (Christmas and Summer parties), as well as recurrent initiatives (e.g. bake sales, clothes swap, sport challenges) including venue, entertainment, caterers.
- Draft budgets in preparation for events and track success.
- Coordinate volunteers on the day/night of events to support the smooth running of DiA events.
- Liaise with the Fundraising Manager and Programme Managers to develop ideas and deliver a variety of fundraising events that reflect and engage our audiences.
- Support India Interns before they depart as first point-of- contact for ideas on individual fundraising, and DiA Alumni to respond to questions/queries about challenge fundraising.
Skills, qualities and experience
- Previous experience and/or knowledge and experience in direct, challenge and/or events fundraising.
- Previous experience coordinating or being actively involved in events management
- Good communication skills – both written and oral.
- Flexibility and a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Creativity for new fundraising ideas/initiatives.
Time commitment: Approximately 6-8 hours per week, more likely during the run-up to an event. Weekend work also required. A commitment of 1+ years would be desirable for this role.
To apply, please send a CV and a statement of why you would like to join the Fundraising team and how you meet the person specification to email@example.com. Candidates will be selected for a Skype interview on a rolling basis.
Do you have strategic leadership experience? Do you have previous fundraising experience, or have a legal background and would be interested in sharing your expertise?
Development in Action is seeking to recruit a dynamic new trustee to support our amazing Volunteer Committee.
If you would like to know more, please click here to read the role description and person specification.
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter (no more than 2 pages) explaining why you would like to become a Trustee and what you would bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘TRUSTEE APPLICATION’ as the subject line of your email.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis at a Central London location. In some circumstances we may be able to arrange a Skype interview.