Do you want to add your voice to the development debate? Then why not write for the Development in Action blog?
Now in its fifth year, the Blog provides a stimulating yet supportive online space in which to discuss current events and trends in international development. Through it we hope to engage young people in global issues and promote global citizenship.
Our recent writers are budding journalists, students, and early-career development professionals, but we welcome contributions from anyone who has something unique to say about the global issues of our world today. Whether an article, interview, book-review or infographic, if you have an interesting perspective to share, we’re interested in hearing from you! You get the opportunity to work with an editor, share your ideas and expose your work to a 1,500+ readership.
CALL FOR PITCHES
We are currently looking for stories relating to international development, global citizenship, the SDGs, and global issues (especially if there is a development angle). Length 800 words max (please do not submit over 900 words and please include links).
We are also specifically looking for:
• Stories about small UK NGOs doing great work that people are not aware of. See – http://www.developmentinaction
• First person stories about working in international development or your experience of getting into international development (including studying for development degrees). See – http://www.developmentinaction
• Powerful personal essays. See – http://www.developmentinaction
• Stories with a hook to a current news event or specific day in the global calendar. See – http://www.developmentinaction
• Stories that are not being discussed in the mainstream media. http://www.developmentinaction
We are one of only a few platforms publishing ideas, opinions and stories about global development and a great place to start out if you are just beginning your career as a writer / blogger. You get the chance to work with an editor and see your work published!
Please send us 150 words maximum on your story idea, plus any suggestions for images, and tell us why you are the person to write the story.
It can take a couple of weeks for your post to be published, so bear this in mind if submitting something timely.
We are currently looking for two types of contributors:
1) Regular contributors
We expect a minimum commitment of one blog a month which can take any of the forms we mentioned above. We have a ‘regular contributor’ section on our website which will feature a picture of you and a brief bio which is a great way to get yourself some publicity!
2) Guest contributors
We are always on the look out for people with passion and if you have a desire to write about any issue close to your heart but cannot commit to our regular contributor programme then this is the opportunity for you.
If you would be interested in blogging for DiA, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing your ideas!