Development in Action (DiA) promotes global citizenship through our global citizenship workshops programme.
Through our global citizenship workshops programme we offer FREE workshops to schools, colleges and sixth forms in London on global development issues.
Since January 2013, we have delivered interactive workshops to students of all ages – from Key Stage 3 to A-Level – on a range of global development issues key for your school’s Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) development across the curriculum.
Topics that we have covered so far include but are not limited to:
- Women and development
- Comparison of different types of aid
- Social justice and conflict resolution
- Diversity and Sustainability
- Millennium Development Goals
- Corruption and Development
- Women’s Day
Using a pool of interactive educational resources accredited by Teachable: Top Quality Teaching Resources and Geography- and Citizenship-specific resources, our workshop leaders engage pupils on what it means to be a global citizen.
When booking a workshop with us we offer the following services:
- FREE workshops – no cost is incurred to the school when delivering the workshop (except for travel expenses for schools outside of London)
- FREE resources – With our high quality prepared materials we’ve done the work so you don’t have to!
- One to one meetings with our UK manager before workshops take place
- FREE briefings for schools on the UK programme
- E-mail and phone support
We also tailor workshops for charity specific days. You can book DiA workshops NOW for:
- Fairtrade Fortnight (29 February-13 March 2016)
- Climate Change Week (3-9 March 2016)
- International Women’s Day (8 March 2016)
- Commonwealth Day (14 March 2016)
- UN World Environment Day (5 June 2016)
What do teachers think of our workshops?
Well organised and extremely approachable, Jamie inspired students to think about working in development.
Geography teacher, Berkhamsted School
The workshop was pitched at the right level and the content was engaging.
Director of Learning and Head of Year 8, Skinners Academy
I would welcome more workshops as part of PSHCE
Teacher, Woodford County Grammar School
We don’t just offer workshops, you can also book us in for:
- Drop-Down days
- Enrichment days
Contact our UK Programme Officer Roisin: roisin@
Download our UK Flyer here.